GENERAL FESTIVAL RULES
Items you may bring into the Main Entertainment Area
• Point-and-shoot disposable cameras.
• Small, collapsible umbrellas.
• Soft-sided coolers.
• Small towels.
• Lawn chairs.
• Service animals with current rabies vaccination.
• Small bags, purses, and fanny packs, subject to inspection.
• Cell phones.
• Cigarette packages, tampons, packs of gum, and chap stick/lip gloss.
• Sunglasses and hats.
• Liquid sunscreen and cosmetic products – max 3oz/90ml.
• Prescription medication, provided the medications are in an identifiable prescription container and the individual has identification to associate them to the prescription.
• Medical marijuana possession provided the user has an authorization card issued by health Canada, and matching government issued photo identification. User must leave the performance area gates in order to consume. No use permitted within the performance gates.
• One factory-sealed plastic drink container.
• Totem poles.
• Personal amounts of food.
• Plastic refillable drink containers – must be empty.
Items you may not bring into the Main Entertainment Area:
• No outside food or beverages including alcohol, with the exception of one sealed water bottle.
• No drugs and/or drug paraphernalia of any kind.
• No weapons of any kind and/or items that can be used as weapons, including wallet chains or spikes.
• No glass bottles.
• No glass of any kind.
• No hard shell coolers.
• No floating lanterns.
• No megaphones or air-horns.
• No large bags or backpacks.
• No marker pens and spray paint.
• No focus light beam devices, including laser pointers.
• No balloons, balls, Frisbees, and/or any other projectiles.
• No framed or large backpacks, large bags or purses.
• No skateboards, rollerblades, scooters, motorized vehicles etc.
• No fireworks, sparklers, and/or firecrackers.
• No animals – only service animals allowed with current rabies vaccination.
• No tents – only permitted in the camping area.
• No gang clothing and/or gang support shirts.
• No aerosol cans of any kind.
• No large umbrellas.
• No flyers/stickers/posters.
• No drones.
• No professional still camera equipment (no detachable lenses, tripods, large zoom lenses, and/or commercial-use camera assemblies)
• No single-lens reflex cameras, including digital single-lens reflex cameras (SLR/DSLR)
• No professional video or audio recording equipment of any kind.
• No water guns, water balloons, and/or any other kind of water projectile.
Camelbak bladders and any other liquid reservoirs must be empty and filled in the Main Entertainment area. Although CamelBak-style water bladder systems are allowed empty into the venue, the water bladders themselves must be capable of being removed from the carrier and must be transparent enough to allow security to visually inspect the empty bladder.
• Any person operating or riding in a motorized vehicle in the campgrounds or any roadway, which is not leaving or entering for the day, is subject to immediate evacuation from the event without a refund.
• Any person found to be in possession of a weapon will be subject to a criminal investigation and immediately evicted from the event without a refund.
• Any person(s) found fighting or threatening other festival attendees or festival staff will immediately be evicted from the event without a refund.
• Persons will not be allowed to enter the main entertainment space if they are intoxicated.
• Individuals found to have in their possession more than the allowable amount of alcohol will not be permitted in the campgrounds.
• Any persons under the age of 19 found in possession or under the influence of alcohol will be evicted from the event without a refund.
• Any persons found selling or vending items of any kind will be evicted from the event without refund.
• No operating anything remote controlled, including drones.
• No open fires or flames.
• We ask you keep the peace and quiet after 2:00AM as not to disrupt nearby campers.
• Bicycles will be permitted in the camping areas only.
• All campers are expected to be courteous to those around them.
• Camping is for all ages, however only those 18+ are permitted to purchase camping spaces.
• All campers are required to purchase event tickets.
• A maximum of 6 persons allowed per site – for maximum comfort we encourage between 4-6 people per campsite.
• All vehicles and persons will be subject to search upon entering the grounds and prohibited items must be surrendered.
• All campground occupants must wear their event wristband at all times.
• Campers over the age of 19 are allowed two bulk items per person. A bulk item is defined as one 24-case (cans) of beer, one 26oz. bottle of alcohol or one 4L of wine, anything above and beyond the allowable limits will be surrendered.
• No more than two bulk alcohol items per person in aluminum or plastic containers only. No glass containers of any kind.
• No tents with sponsorship-branding or logos of any kind.
• No pets are allowed in the camping grounds or into the main entertainment area, with the exception being service animals with current rabies vaccination.
• No drugs or drug paraphernalia.
• Any item that can be used as a weapon is strictly prohibited.
• No non-rounded knives — steak knives, butcher blocks, etc. should be left at home. Please pre-cut all meats and other items that may require knives and scissors.
• No open flame, with the exception being small cooking appliances – propane only.
• No fireworks, paper (floating) lanterns, incendiary devices or any type of explosive are prohibited.
• No generators of any kind, except in the RV campgrounds, maximum 5 gallons of fuel. Battery packs are ok in tent camping. (Oro-Medonte fire reserves the right to alter any of these guidelines based on local bans and weather conditions)
• No amplified sound systems.
• No golf carts or other motorized modes of transportation.
• No mudding or cruising around the campsite.
• Any person operating or riding in a motorized vehicle in the campgrounds or any roadway, which is not leaving is subject to immediate eviction from the event without refund.
• Occupying the box (back) of a pickup truck is prohibited, anyone found occupying the box of a pickup truck will be evicted from the event.
• No drones or remote-operated, and/or autonomous vehicles of any kind.
• No tiki torches or excessive amounts of fuel.
• Any items that can be used as a means to disturb the peace, endanger the safety of the crowd, and/or inflict damage to people and goods.
Cooking appliances are to be used under the following conditions.
• Only use propane as the primary fuel. Propane container must not exceed 1 pound. Max (3) 1 pound containers per campsite,
• Only one (1) cooking appliance per campsite.
• Must bear a certification from a nationally-recognized certification agency.
• Maximum amount of propane per campsite may not exceed 3 pounds.
• One meter (1m) of clearance must be kept around the appliance at all times.
• Appliances may only be used from 7AM-2AM.
• When in-use, appliances may not be left unattended.
Prescription medication is allowed only in the original prescription bottle, any guests attempting to bring in prescription medication must have a government-issued photo identification card that matches the name printed on the prescription, and the pills in the bottle must match the description printed on the prescription.
Over-the-counter medications are allowed in – provided that they are new and the original, factory-sealed container.
• All sales are final.
• No refunds or exchanges.
• Boots and Hearts is rain or shine.
• Performers and lineup are subject to change without notice.
• Republic Live, Boots and Hearts and Burl’s Creek Event Grounds are not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged material. It is recommended that you do not bring valuable items.
• Any person(s) found fighting or threatening other festival attendees or festival staff will immediately be evicted from the event without refund.
• Sponsorship-branded or wrapped vehicles are prohibited and will not be allowed entry through the tollbooths. (Rental Company logos excluded)
• No public indecency or defecation anywhere on the event grounds.
• No confederate flags.
• Programming is subject to change without notice.
• Prices are subject to change without notice.
Do not purchase tickets or wristbands from 3rd parties – only purchase through Boots and Hearts or Eventbrite. Counterfeit wristbands will not be honoured and Boots and Hearts and/or Republic Live will not be responsible for the promotion or sale of counterfeit wristbands. Republic Live is unable to verify the authenticity of passes not purchased from bootsandhearts.com or Eventbrite.
• DO NOT tamper, stretch, cut or alter your wristband in any way.
• Altered wristbands will be invalid and the bearer will be subject to ejection.
• Full event bracelets cannot be shared (i.e. different people use them on different days)
• RFID wristbands and parking/camping passes tickets will be sent out 2-3 weeks prior to the festival.
• Everyone is required to wear a wristband for the duration of the festival. No persons will be allowed to enter any portion of the grounds (parking, camping, entertainment etc.) without a wristband. This policy will be strictly enforced – trespassers will be evicted and/or prosecuted.
On-site security, police and medical will be provided 24/7.
Lost and found will be located at the Info Booths in the camping area and entertainment area. If you happen to find a lost item please take it to lost and found.
If you have lost an item at Boots & Hearts, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a description of your item. Please note, as per the rules of the tickets, we are not responsible for any lost or damaged items.
Yes, there will be shuttles available. We’ve partnered with Bus.com to create official Boots & Hearts shuttles from Toronto (Clarence Square), Barrie (Transit Terminal), & Tim Horton’s (297 Dunlop St. Barrie). Book your Shuttle Here.
We do not support drinking and driving at Boots & Hearts. If you are driving to Boots & Hearts and plan on drinking, we have a designated driver program available. Look for the designated driver service tent in the day parking lot. The service will include 2 drivers. The patron will be taken home as well as their car. Patrons are able to sign up upon arrival to the grounds, throughout the day, or when ready to leave. Cash and credit cards will be accepted by the designated driver provider; your cashless wristband will not be accepted.
Yes! We encourage fans and music lovers of all ages to attend.
If you are currently under the age of 18, you would need someone over the age of 18 to purchase the campsite, but that person does not have to be present on the campsite. You and your friends will be able to stay on the site as long as everyone has a full event ticket and you will need the camping pass when you come to the gate.
Kids 12 and under can receive a free General Admission pass ONLY. They must be with someone who has purchased an event pass. This free kids pass will be provided with access upon arrival and proof of age. Children 12 and under included will require a full event VIP Ticket in order to access the VIP Experience area. NOTE: Age verification will be required at the gate. A copy of their birth certificate or passport will be accepted as age verification.
If you are getting dropped off, drop offs/pick-ups will be located at line 7 for tent camping and Line 9 for RV camping.
There will be ATMs on-site. The only use for cash will be for ice, RV services, and any on-call tow truck services. You may also use cash to add funds to your RFID wristband at select top-up locations on site. Everything else will be via our RFID “cashless” wristbands.
All tickets will be mailed out before the festival.
A limited number of pre-printed hard tickets have been issued and the tickets will be exchanged for wristbands at the festival gates, using the bar-code as validation.
While you’re always free to modify your personal information, changes to the items in your order will not be permitted.
Note: Orders cannot be separated once purchased – the entire order will be provided to the account holder.
Pre-paid credit cards cannot be processed as an address is required for all purchases. Pre-paid credit cards do not have mailing addresses associated with them.
Our festival tickets are sold in tiers. The most economical passes are available earliest – there is no difference in the type of tickets bought at each different tier, just the price.
We recommend that if you are considering purchasing tickets for the festival to act quickly in order to get your passes at the lowest price point.
Yes, you can purchase a ticket for someone else however orders cannot be split up on Eventbrite. If you purchase for someone else with multiple tickets in one order, you will have to wait until wristbands are mailed out to give them access to their ticket.
If you are currently under the age of 18, you would need your parents or someone over the age of 18 to purchase the tickets and/or campsite, as it requires a credit card. That person does not have to be present.
You and your friends will be able to stay on the site as long as everyone has a full event ticket and you will need the camping pass when you come to the gate.
All Boots and Hearts ticket purchases are final sales, no refunds or exchanges. The festival takes place rain or shine.
Campsite prices are for the entire event and not per night. Please check back closer to the festival for gate times.
Unfortunately, our ticketing agent, Eventbrite, can not process tickets over the phone as part of a best practice model for security and compliance. You can purchase tickets online at www.bootsandhearts.com or by using the Eventbrite App which can be downloaded https://www.eventbrite.ca/eventbriteapp/
Each campsite offers parking for one (1) regular sized vehicle (smaller than a 12-passenger van).
All campsites are assigned upon arrival on a first come first camped basis. There is NO saving spots. If you wish to camp beside another group you MUST arrive together. There is one campsite per group/vehicle with a valid camping pass.
The festival reserves the right to relocate campers to a substituted site, or area, if necessary. Please note that camping maps only provide an approximate location of campsites.
Unfortunately due to safety and security reasons we can not allow anyone to stay in the parking lots after they close each night, so you will not be able to sleep in your car.
No, any vehicles arriving prior to gate open times will be turned away and will not be permitted to queue on the roadways.
Yes, you will be allowed to have more than 1 tent on your site. Everything, including all tents and the one vehicle, must fit within your designated camping area.
Anyone wishing to camp or access anywhere on the grounds MUST have a general admission or VIP pass.
The GA and/or VIP pass does NOT include any camping. Please purchase this option in addition to your Event Pass.
Campsite prices are per campsite for the entire event and NOT per person. One tent site can have up to 6 people, an RV site up to 8, although we recommend 4-6 per site for maximum comfort. All persons staying on the site MUST have a separate Full Event Pass.
Patrons on your campsite can purchase either GA or a VIP pass and share the same site.
There is NO outside alcohol allowed into the main entertainment area. Alcohol is only permitted on your first scan into the camping grounds. Details below regarding alcohol limits.
Alcohol is only permitted on your first scan into the camping grounds. Details below regarding alcohol limits.
Alcohol in glass containers are not allowed and cannot be transferred into plastic containers or any other non-glass container on site – Please do it before you arrive.
Persons will not be allowed to enter the entertainment space if they are excessively intoxicated or pose a threat to themselves or others. Persons found to be intoxicated in the entertainment space will be escorted outside of the security gates.
Don’t drink and drive. Check out our designated driver program if you need to leave the grounds!
Outside alcoholic beverages are permitted but must be consumed within the camping area and must follow the allowable amounts:
No more than two bulk alcohol items per person in aluminum or plastic containers only. No glass containers of any kind.
One “Bulk alcohol” is defined as:
- One (1) case (24 cans) of beer or malt-based beverage.
- One (1) 26 oz. of liquor
- One (1) 4L Box of wine
No Underage Drinking
You may exit and re-enter the campgrounds (via taxi, outside vehicle [ie not parked within the campgrounds] or by foot), however, additional alcohol beyond the initial allowable amount set out above is not permitted and will be subject to confiscation.
Substitution Note: Beer, liquor and wine can be substituted for your alcohol of choice but should not exceed the recommended amounts as security may confiscate this if they feel you are bringing alcohol onto the grounds for potential re-sale. Please also keep in mind that glass bottles are strictly prohibited.
Yes, folding beach-style chairs that do not block the view of others will be permitted in the main arena. We suggest folding bag chairs as they are light, compact and easy to carry. There is no reserved spot for chairs to be set up.
You must wear your RFID wristband to enter any portion of the grounds (parking, camping, entertainment etc.) without a wristband. This policy will be strictly enforced – trespassers will be evicted and/or prosecuted.
For safety reasons, once a vehicle is parked in the campgrounds, it is not allowed to move within the campgrounds.
Vehicles that wish to exit prior to 2AM on Monday morning, or who need to leave for an emergency, must be escorted by security. Flag down a roaming security team, and they will arrange for an escort immediately.
Vehicles that choose to exit the campgrounds will not be allowed to re-enter.
No, RV campsites MUST have an RV located on the site. RV’s are defined as anything larger than a 12-passenger van. This includes travel trailers, 5th wheels, tent trailers, pop-up trailers, truck bed campers, Class A, B or C Motorhomes, buses and the like.
Due to safety and security reasons we cannot allow anyone to stay in the parking lots after they close each night, so you will not be able to sleep in your car.
Yes, if your vehicle + RV exceed 50′ you are able to unhook the truck from the RV and park beside so long as everything fits within the designated campsite.
RV campsites are approx. 20’x50′. If it will still not fit in the space provided you will need to purchase 2 sites.
If you need assistance parking your RV you will be permitted to have someone drive it in and drop it off for you. The person dropping off the RV must have the RV camping pass with them and be accompanied by at least one full event ticket holder. The drop off person will not be permitted to stay on the grounds.
Affix the sticker to the unit which will be staying on the site, not the delivery vehicle. Ensure the drop off vehicle also adheres to all the prohibited items as it will be involved in the same security checks. (No tire irons etc).
When the pick up person arrives on Monday, they will need to meet you at the gate to escort them in. Please let security at the gate know they are there to pick up a trailer, and they will be able to return to your site, with you, to assist.
Yes, RV sites are permitted to setup a tent on their site so long as everything, RV, tent and vehicle fits within the designated camping area. RV campsites are approx. 20’x50′ in size.
There is no hydro available on tent camp sites.
Potable water is provided in the camping grounds for water bottle refills only.
Generators are permitted with RVs. There is a 3-5KW max with 5 gallons of fuel permitted.
Propane tanks are permitted as long as attached to RV and do not exceed 20 pounds.
Only lightweight passenger vehicles, including pick-up trucks and SUV’s (smaller then a 12-passenger van) will be permitted to park on the campsites
Yes, there will be pump trucks patrolling the RV camping grounds daily. There is a pump out fee of $60 cash and water servicing for RV’s for $50 cash.
Please note: these prices are subject to change as they are set by our pump truck and water service providers.
Prescription medication is permitted on the grounds, under the following conditions:
It must be in the original prescription bottle.
Guest must have photo ID that matches the name on the prescription.
During the shows, it is suggested to only bring what you require for each trip into the main entertainment area.
Should security have any questions regarding the authenticity of the prescription, they are able to radio to the Medical Tent for assistance.
We recommend all patrons make themselves familiar with the location of Medical services and tents located on the grounds.
A person bringing a syringe will need to show medication in prescription packaging with a name on the label, and photo ID. Safely deposit all syringes at any of the medical locations including the ones in the campgrounds.
Certified service animals that are trained to assist an individual with an accessibility are allowed at Boots and Hearts. Service animals must be under the control of their owner at all times. They must remain on-leash and next to their owner at all times.
Pets and other animals are not allowed on the festival grounds and in the camping areas. Pets and other animals will be picked up and placed with the local humane society.
We have security check points in and out of the entertainment areas and our standard policy is that guests are permitted to bring limited snacks with them that fit into their small back pack, as well as one sealed water bottle. Given some medical requirements, we can certainly make an exception to this. We suggest that you wear a Medic-Alert bracelet or have documentation with you which identifies yourself and your reason for the additional products, as you are processed through security check points.
There will be accessible platforms located within the main entertainment area. Access to the platforms will be restricted to those with an accessible need.
Please note there is limited space and one companion will be permitted. For more information about the accessible services, please visit the main information booth once you are on site.
All restroom areas are portable toilets. These are accessible to our patrons with accessible needs. Please see the site map or contact the nearest event staff worker for exact locations.
Please find more accessibility information here: