MOST FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Point-and-shoot disposable cameras.
- Small, collapsible umbrellas.
- Soft-sided coolers.
- Small towels, blankets.
- Lawn chairs.
- Service animals with current rabies vaccination.
- Small bags, purses, and fanny packs, subject to inspection.
- Cell phones.
- Cigarette packages, tampons, packs of gum, and chap stick/lip gloss.
- Sunglasses and hats.
- Liquid sunscreen and cosmetic products – max 3oz/90ml.
- Prescription medication, provided the medications are in an identifiable prescription container and the individual has identification to associate them to the prescription.
- One factory-sealed plastic drink container.
- Totem poles.
- Personal amounts of food.
- Plastic refillable drink containers – must be empty.
- NOTE: Camelbak bladders and any other liquid reservoirs must be empty and filled in the Main Entertainment area. Although CamelBak-style water bladder systems are allowed empty into the venue, the water bladders themselves must be capable of being removed from the carrier and must be transparent enough to allow security to visually inspect the empty bladder.
- No outside food or beverages including alcohol, with the exception of one sealed water bottle.
- No drugs and/or drug paraphernalia of any kind.
- No weapons of any kind and/or items that can be used as weapons, including wallet chains or spikes.
- No glass bottles.
- No glass of any kind.
- No hard shell coolers.
- No floating lanterns.
- No megaphones or air-horns.
- No large bags or backpacks.
- No marker pens and spray paint.
- No focus light beam devices, including laser pointers.
- No balloons, balls, Frisbees, and/or any other projectiles.
- No framed or large backpacks, large bags or purses.
- No skateboards, rollerblades, scooters, motorized vehicles etc.
- No fireworks, sparklers, and/or firecrackers.
- No animals – only service animals allowed with current rabies vaccination.
- No tents – only permitted in the camping area.
- No gang clothing and/or gang support shirts.
- No aerosol cans of any kind.
- No large umbrellas.
- No flyers/stickers/posters.
- No drones.
- No professional still camera equipment (no detachable lenses, tripods, large zoom lenses, and/or commercial-use camera assemblies)
- No single-lens reflex cameras, including digital single-lens reflex cameras (SLR/DSLR)
- No professional video or audio recording equipment of any kind.
- No water guns, water balloons, and/or any other kind of water projectile.
Please be patient! All wristbands/camping & parking passes purchased prior to the cut off date (TBD) will be mailed out 2-3 weeks before the festival. If for some reason your purchase was not delivered prior to the festival, you can pick up your order when you arrive at any of the box offices on site. Please bring photo ID and your order confirmation email.
Campsite prices are per campsite for the entire event and NOT per person. One regular, reserved or XL tent site can have up to 6 people, and one RV site up to 8, although we recommend 4-6 per site for maximum comfort. All persons staying on the site MUST have a separate Full Event Pass.
Patrons on your campsite can purchase either GA or a VIP pass and share the same site.
Yes, small, folding, camping or beach chairs will be permitted in the main entertainment area.
Yes, all set days and times will be released prior to the festival weekend.
Yes, there is an official Boots and Hearts app available for both Android and IOS.
Note: If you have the 2019 app you may have to delete and re-download in order for it to update.
Yes, a map of the festival will be released prior to the festival weekend on the 2020 Boots and Hearts app.
If you are getting dropped off, drop offs/pick-ups will be located at line 7 for tent camping and Line 9 for RV camping.
Main Entertainment Area/Campgrounds:
You are welcome to exit and re-enter the main entertainment area and/or campgrounds as much as you’d like. You will need to scan in and out each time using your RFID wristband.
For safety reasons, once a vehicle is parked in the campgrounds, it is not allowed to move within the campgrounds.
Vehicles that wish to exit prior to 2AM on Monday morning, or who need to leave for an emergency, must be escorted by security. Flag down a roaming security team, and they will arrange for an escort immediately.
Vehicles that choose to exit the campgrounds will not be allowed to re-enter.
Yes! We encourage fans and music lovers of all ages to attend.
If you are currently under the age of 18, you will need someone over the age of 18 to purchase the campsite, but that person does not have to be present on the campsite. You and your friends will be able to stay on the site as long as everyone has a full event ticket and you will need the camping pass when you come to the gate.
Kids 12 and under can receive a free General Admission pass ONLY. They must be with someone who has purchased an event pass. This free kids pass will be provided with access upon arrival and proof of age. Children 12 and under included will require a full event VIP Ticket in order to access the VIP Experience area.
NOTE: Age verification will be required at the gate. A copy of their birth certificate or passport will be accepted as age verification.
Yes. The safety and wellbeing of our fans is one of our top priorities. Medical, Security and Emergency Services staff are on site throughout the entire weekend. If you require attention please go to the medical tents, located on either side of the main stage and/or in the campgrounds.
No, thanks to our RFID wristbands, Boots and Hearts is 100% cashless in the main entertainment area. If you are camping and require ice, RV pump-outs and/or water fill ups, please bring cash with you.
- Any person operating or riding in a motorized vehicle in the campgrounds or any roadway, which is not leaving or entering for the day, is subject to immediate evacuation from the event without a refund.
- Any person found to be in possession of a weapon will be subject to a criminal investigation and immediately evicted from the event without a refund.
- Any person(s) found fighting or threatening other festival attendees or festival staff will immediately be evicted from the event without a refund.
- Persons will not be allowed to enter the main entertainment space if they are intoxicated.
- Individuals found to have in their possession more than the allowable amount of alcohol will not be permitted in the campgrounds.
- Any persons under the age of 19 found in possession or under the influence of alcohol will be evicted from the event without a refund.
- Any persons found selling or vending items of any kind will be evicted from the event without refund.
- No operating anything remote controlled, including drones.
- No open fires or flames.
- All sales are final.
- No refunds or exchanges.
- Boots and Hearts is rain or shine.
- Performers and lineup are subject to change without notice.
- Republic Live, Boots and Hearts and Burl’s Creek Event Grounds are not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged material. It is recommended that you do not bring valuable items.
- Any person(s) found fighting or threatening other festival attendees or festival staff will immediately be evicted from the event without refund.
- Sponsorship-branded or wrapped vehicles are prohibited and will not be allowed entry through the toll booths. (Rental Company, small business logos excluded)
- No public indecency or defecation anywhere on the event grounds.
- No confederate flags.
- Programming is subject to change without notice.
- Prices are subject to change without notice.
RFID WRISTBAND FAQ
- DO NOT tamper, stretch, cut or alter your wristband in any way.
- Altered wristbands will be invalid and the bearer will be subject to ejection.
- Full event bracelets cannot be shared (i.e. different people use them on different days)
- RFID wristbands and parking/camping passes tickets will be sent out 2-3 weeks prior to the festival.
- Everyone is required to wear a wristband for the duration of the festival. No persons will be allowed to enter any portion of the grounds (parking, camping, entertainment etc.) without a wristband. This policy will be strictly enforced – trespassers will be evicted and/or prosecuted.
- Replacement wristbands are available at the box office onsite. Please note a nominal fee will be charged.
DO NOT PUT YOUR WRISTBAND ON PRIOR TO ARRIVING AT THE FESTIVAL!
If you attached your wristband to your wrist/the wristband is damaged please remain calm. Replacement wristbands will be available on site at the box office when you arrive. Please bring the damaged wristband and some photo ID with you.
Please note you may be charged a nominal fee for the replacement (this is determined on a case-by-case basis).
If your ID does not match the name on the purchase order please have the original purchaser either A) pick up the replacement for you, B) Sign into their Eventbrite account and change the name on the order to match your ID.
*2020 Update Coming Soon*
All credit left unredeemed by the close of the event will be refunded in accordance with the terms below:
Credit Card: Leftover funds in your account, purchased online or onsite at the event using a credit card, will automatically be refunded back to your card (less a $5.00 refund processing fee) within 10 business days following the close of the event.
Debit Card & Cash: Leftover funds in your account, purchased onsite at the event using a debit card or cash, will require you to complete a Manual Refund Form, available from the Refund page in your cashless account (less a $5.00 refund processing fee).
The deadline to apply for a manual refund is August 23, 2019. Upon verification, the refund will be processed within 10 business days following the closure of the refund form.
*2020 Update to Come*
No, once a wristband is registered the information cannot be changed.
The name on the order must match the ID of the person picking up at the box office. Please sign into your Eventbrite account and change the information under the ticket to ensure they match.
Please be patient! All wristbands/camping & parking passes purchased prior to the cut off date (TBD, early July) will be mailed out 2-3 weeks before the festival. If for some reason your purchase was not delivered prior to the festival, you can pick up your order when you arrive at any of the box offices on site. Please bring photo ID and your order confirmation email.
We will begin mailing 2020 passes out 2-3 weeks prior to the week of the festival. Any tickets purchased after the cut-off date (TBD) will not be mailed and must be picked up at the Box Office onsite using photo ID.
If your purchase was not delivered prior to the festival, you can pick up your order when you arrive at any of the box offices on site. Please bring photo ID and your order confirmation email.
You can sign into your Eventbrite account to update the mailing, billing and personal information associated with the ticket. Please note that your information must be updated prior to the cut off date (TBD) in order to have your passes mailed with that information.
DO NOT purchase tickets or wristbands from 3rd parties – only purchase through Boots and Hearts/Eventbrite. Counterfeit wristbands will not be honoured and Boots and Hearts and/or Republic Live will not be responsible for the promotion or sale of counterfeit wristbands.
Republic Live is unable to verify the authenticity of passes not purchased from bootsandhearts.com/Eventbrite.
If you have a paper hard ticket you WILL NOT be mailed your wristbands.
A limited number of pre-printed hard tickets have been issued and the tickets will be exchanged for wristbands at the festival box office, using the bar-code as validation.
Yes! We offer payment plans for both GA and VIP admission tickets.
Initial payment is required for your purchase.
Three additional payments will be automatically deducted from the card you used to make the down payment on the following dates:
– March 12, 2020
– April 15, 2020
– June 15, 2020
You can find more info on our ticket page!
If you are interested in upgrading your pass (i.e. GA → VIP, Tent Camping → RV Camping) please go ahead and purchase the second pass you require, then email email@example.com with both order numbers. Your refund on the original ticket will be processed.
If you are currently under the age of 18, you would need your parents or someone over the age of 18 to purchase the tickets and/or campsite, as it requires a credit card. That person does not have to be present.
You and your friends will be able to stay on the site as long as everyone has a full event ticket and you will need the camping pass when you come to the gate.
Pre-paid credit cards cannot be processed as an address is required for all purchases. Pre-paid credit cards do not have mailing addresses associated with them.
Our festival tickets are sold in limited quantity tiers. The most economical passes are available earliest – there is no difference in the type of tickets bought at each different tier, just the price.
We recommend that if you are considering purchasing tickets for the festival to act quickly in order to get your passes at the lowest price point and/or before they sell out.
Yes, you can purchase a ticket for someone else however orders cannot be split up on Eventbrite. If you purchase for someone else with multiple tickets in one order, you will have to wait until wristbands are mailed out to give them access to their ticket.
All Boots and Hearts ticket purchases are final sales, no refunds or exchanges. The festival takes place rain or shine.
Unfortunately, our ticketing agent, Eventbrite, can not process tickets over the phone as part of a best practice model for security and compliance. You can purchase tickets online at www.bootsandhearts.com or by using the Eventbrite App which can be downloaded https://www.eventbrite.ca/eventbriteapp/
You can purchase tickets in person at any of our street team events. Follow our social media accounts to see where we are heading next!
No, only wristbands require registration.
- Camping opens Thursday August 6, 2020.
- Prices are for full event, not per night.
- No sleeping in vehicles.
- No exit/re-entry for vehicles parked on camping spaces. If you leave with your vehicle, it will not be allowed to re-enter.
- We ask you keep the peace and quiet after 2:00AM as not to disrupt nearby campers.
- Bicycles will be permitted in the camping areas only.
- All campers are expected to be courteous to those around them.
- Camping is for all ages, however only those 18+ are permitted to purchase camping spaces.
- All campers are required to purchase event tickets.
- A maximum of 6 persons allowed per site – for maximum comfort we encourage between 4-6 people per campsite.
- All vehicles and persons will be subject to search upon entering the grounds and prohibited items must be surrendered.
- All campground occupants must wear their event wristband at all times.
- Campers over the age of 19 are allowed two bulk items per person. A bulk item is defined as one 24-case (cans) of beer, one 26oz. bottle of alcohol or one 4L of wine, anything above and beyond the allowable limits will be surrendered.
- No more than two bulk alcohol items per person in aluminum or plastic containers only. No glass containers of any kind.
- No pets are allowed in the camping grounds or into the main entertainment area, with the exception being service animals with current rabies vaccination.
- No drugs or drug paraphernalia.
- Any item that can be used as a weapon is strictly prohibited.
- No non-rounded knives — steak knives, butcher blocks, etc. should be left at home. Please pre-cut all meats and other items that may require knives and scissors.
- No open flame, with the exception being small cooking appliances – propane only.
- No fireworks, paper (floating) lanterns, incendiary devices or any type of explosive are prohibited.
- No generators of any kind, except in the RV campgrounds, maximum 5 gallons of fuel. Battery packs are ok in tent camping. (Oro-Medonte fire reserves the right to alter any of these guidelines based on local bans and weather conditions)
- No amplified sound systems.
- No golf carts or other motorized modes of transportation.
- No mudding or cruising around the campsite.
- Any person operating or riding in a motorized vehicle in the campgrounds or any roadway, which is not leaving is subject to immediate eviction from the event without refund.
- Occupying the box (back) of a pickup truck is prohibited, anyone found occupying the box of a pickup truck will be evicted from the event. (Tents made specifically for the bed of trucks are permitted)
- No drones or remote-operated, and/or autonomous vehicles of any kind.
- No tiki torches or excessive amounts of fuel.
- Any items that can be used as a means to disturb the peace, endanger the safety of the crowd, and/or inflict damage to people and goods.
All non-reserved campsites are assigned upon arrival on a first come first camped basis. There is NO saving spots. If you wish to camp beside another group you MUST arrive together. There is one campsite per group/vehicle with a valid camping pass.
The festival reserves the right to relocate campers to a substituted site, or area, if necessary. Please note that camping maps only provide an approximate location of campsites.
If you wish to camp beside your friends please look into our Reserved Camping options.
Want to secure a campsite right next to your #BootsCrew, but can’t arrive together? Want to get the best possible campsite location, but can’t arrive early enough to get first dibs?
Our RESERVED CAMPING option may just be your go-to this year! Now you don’t have to arrive with your whole crew in order to camp together, with space for one vehicle and up to six people! Secure your spot early to get the best location possible!
Camping opens on Thursday August 6th, 2020.
Each Tent, Reserved Tent and/or XL Tent campsite offers parking for one (1) regular sized vehicle (smaller than a 12-passenger van).
Each RV site offers parking one (1) steering wheel* on site.
One (1) “A, B or C” class motorhome, truck bed camper, etc.
One (1) vehicle plus One (1) towed unit (tent trailer, pop-up trailer, travel trailer or 5th wheel trailer)
If you require additional parking spaces OR need to exit and re-enter throughout the weekend, please purchase a 4-Day Parking Pass here (Overnight parking included).
Unfortunately, due to safety and security reasons we can not allow anyone to stay in the parking lots after they close each night, so you will not be able to sleep in your car.
Yes, you will be allowed to have more than 1 tent on your site. Everything, including all tents and the one vehicle, must fit within your designated camping area.
You must have a full event (GA or VIP) pass in order to claim a campsite. Single Day ticket holders are allowed entry into the campgrounds during the day their wristband is valid for, but will not be allowed to claim a campsite.
Campsite prices are per campsite for the entire event and NOT per person. One tent site can have up to 6 people, an RV site up to 8, although we recommend 4-6 per site for maximum comfort. All persons staying on the site MUST have a separate Full Event Pass.
Patrons on your campsite can purchase either GA or a VIP pass and share the same site.
No, powered sites are only an option for RV campsites. No generators of any kind, except in the RV campgrounds, maximum 5 gallons of fuel. Battery packs are ok in tent camping.
*Oro-Medonte fire reserves the right to alter any of these guidelines based on local bans and weather conditions
Showers are available in the campgrounds. You can purchase using funds on your RFID wristband. Prices are available on site.
Potable water is provided in the camping grounds for water bottle refills only.
Yes, so long as you have an event pass (Day or Weekend) you can enter the campgrounds for the day(s) your pass if valid. If you are visiting friends on their campsite, you are welcome to walk in with your alcohol on your first entrance into the grounds.
Cooking appliances are to be used under the following conditions:
- Only use propane as the primary fuel. Propane container must not exceed 1 pound. Max (3) 1 pound containers per campsite,
- Only one (1) cooking appliance per campsite.
- Must bear a certification from a nationally-recognized certification agency.
- Maximum amount of propane per campsite may not exceed 3 pounds.
- One meter (1m) of clearance must be kept around the appliance at all times.
- Appliances may only be used from 7AM-2AM.
- When in-use, appliances may not be left unattended.
Keeping Burl’s Creek beautiful is important to us, so we encourage campers to use the Trash Trading Post in the campgrounds. Each time you bring in a full bag of garbage you’ll receive a gift from us!
RV CAMPING SPECIFIC FAQ
Generators are permitted with RVs. There is a 3-5KW max with 5 gallons of fuel permitted.
Propane tanks are permitted as long as attached to RV and do not exceed 20 pounds.
No, RV campsites MUST have an RV located on the site. RV’s are defined as anything larger than a 12-passenger van. This includes travel trailers, 5th wheels, tent trailers, pop-up trailers, truck bed campers, Class A, B or C Motorhomes, buses and the like.
Yes, if your vehicle + RV exceed 50′ you are able to unhook the truck from the RV and park beside so long as everything fits within the designated campsite.
RV campsites are approx. 20’x50′. If it will still not fit in the space provided you will need to purchase 2 sites.
If you need assistance parking your RV you will be permitted to have someone drive it in and drop it off for you. The person dropping off the RV must have the RV camping pass with them and be accompanied by at least one full event ticket holder. The drop off person will not be permitted to stay on the grounds.
Affix the sticker to the unit which will be staying on the site, not the delivery vehicle. Ensure the drop off vehicle also adheres to all the prohibited items as it will be involved in the same security checks. (No tire irons etc).
When the pick up person arrives on Monday, they will need to meet you at the gate to escort them in. Please let security at the gate know they are there to pick up a trailer, and they will be able to return to your site, with you, to assist.
Yes, RV sites are permitted to setup a tent on their site so long as everything, RV, tent and vehicle fits within the designated camping area. RV campsites are approx. 20’x50′ in size.
Yes, there will be pump trucks patrolling the RV camping grounds daily. Pricing is available on site.
At this current moment, we do not have any hotel partners. Please check back at a later date for any updates!
For single day Parking Passes you are welcome to leave your vehicle overnight until 10AM the following day.
With a 4-Day Parking Pass you are welcome to leave your vehicle overnight for the weekend.
2020 Updates Coming Soon!
- Alcohol is only permitted on your first scan into the camping grounds. Details below regarding alcohol limits.
- Alcohol in glass containers are not allowed and cannot be transferred into plastic containers or any other non-glass container on site – Please do it before you arrive. The allotted amount of alcohol will be allowed in on your first scan only.
- Persons will not be allowed to enter the entertainment space if they are excessively intoxicated or pose a threat to themselves or others. Persons found to be intoxicated in the entertainment space will be escorted outside of the security gates.
- Don’t drink and drive. Check out our designated driver program if you need to leave the grounds!
There is NO outside alcohol allowed into the main entertainment area. Alcohol is only permitted on your first scan into the camping grounds. Details below regarding alcohol limits.
Outside alcoholic beverages are permitted but must be consumed within the camping area and must follow the allowable amounts:
- No more than two (2) bulk alcohol items per person in aluminum or plastic containers only. No glass containers of any kind.
One “Bulk alcohol” is defined as:
- One (1) case (24 cans) of beer, cooler or malt-based beverage.
- One (1) 26 oz. of liquor
- One (1) 4L Box of wine
- Tall cans are permitted in place of regular-sized cans.
- You may mix two different types of bulk items.
Substitution Note: Beer, liquor and wine can be substituted for your alcohol of choice but should not exceed the recommended amounts as security may confiscate this if they feel you are bringing alcohol onto the grounds for potential re-sale. Please also keep in mind that glass bottles are strictly prohibited.
*No Underage Drinking Permitted*
No, you are only permitted to bring alcohol in once.
You may exit and re-enter the campgrounds (via taxi, outside vehicle [ie not parked within the campgrounds] or by foot), however, additional alcohol beyond the initial allowable amount set out above is not permitted and will be subject to confiscation.
Yes, please see substitution note under ‘How Much Alcohol Can I Bring In?’
Yes, tall cans are permitted in place of regular-sized cans.
No, you are only allowed to bring in two bulk items for yourself. They will have to bring in their own alcohol when they arrive.
Prescription medication is permitted on the grounds, under the following conditions:
- It must be in the original prescription bottle.
- Guest must have photo ID that matches the name on the prescription.
- During the shows, it is suggested to only bring what you require for each trip into the main entertainment area.
- Should security have any questions regarding the authenticity of the prescription, they are able to radio to the Medical Tent for assistance.
We recommend all patrons make themselves familiar with the location of Medical services and tents located on the grounds.
A person bringing a syringe will need to show medication in prescription packaging with a name on the label, and photo ID. Safely deposit all syringes at any of the medical locations including the ones in the campgrounds.
Certified service animals that are trained to assist an individual with an accessibility are allowed at Boots and Hearts. Service animals must be under the control of their owner at all times. They must remain on-leash and next to their owner at all times.
Pets and other animals are not allowed on the festival grounds and in the camping areas. Pets and other animals will be picked up and placed with the local humane society.
We have security checkpoints in and out of the entertainment areas and our standard policy is that guests are permitted to bring limited snacks with them that fit into their small backpack, as well as one sealed water bottle.
Given some medical requirements, we can certainly make an exception to this. We suggest that you wear a Medic-Alert bracelet or have documentation with you which identifies yourself and your reason for the additional products, as you are processed through security checkpoints.
There will be accessible platforms located within the main entertainment area. Access to the platforms will be restricted to those with an accessible need.
Please note there is limited space and one companion will be permitted. For more information about the accessible services, please visit the main information booth once you are on site.
All restroom areas are portable toilets. These are accessible to our patrons with accessible needs. Please see the site map or contact the nearest event staff worker for exact locations.
2020 Update Coming Soon!