GENERAL FESTIVAL RULES
- Point-and-shoot disposable cameras.
- Small, collapsible umbrellas.
- Small towels, blankets.
- Lawn chairs.
- Service animals with current rabies vaccination.
- Small bags, purses, and fanny packs, subject to inspection.
- Cell phones.
- Liquid sunscreen and cosmetic products – max 3oz/90ml.
- Prescription medication, provided the medications are in an identifiable prescription container and the individual has identification to associate them to the prescription.
- One factory-sealed plastic drink container.
- Plastic refillable drink containers – must be empty.
- NOTE: Camelbak bladders and any other liquid reservoirs must be empty and filled in the Main Entertainment area. Although CamelBak-style water bladder systems are allowed empty into the venue, the water bladders themselves must be capable of being removed from the carrier and must be transparent enough to allow security to visually inspect the empty bladder.
- No outside food or beverages including alcohol, with the exception of one sealed water bottle.
- No drugs and/or drug paraphernalia of any kind.
- No weapons of any kind and/or items that can be used as weapons, including wallet chains or spikes.
- No glass bottles.
- No glass of any kind.
- No coolers.
- No floating lanterns.
- No megaphones or air-horns.
- No large bags or backpacks.
- No marker pens and spray paint.
- No focus light beam devices, including laser pointers.
- No balloons, balls, Frisbees, and/or any other projectiles.
- No skateboards, rollerblades, scooters, motorized vehicles etc.
- No fireworks, sparklers, and/or firecrackers.
- No animals – only service animals allowed with current rabies vaccination.
- No gang clothing and/or gang support shirts.
- No aerosol cans of any kind.
- No large umbrellas.
- No flyers/stickers/posters.
- No drones.
- No professional still camera equipment (no detachable lenses, tripods, large zoom lenses, and/or commercial-use camera assemblies)
- No single-lens reflex cameras, including digital single-lens reflex cameras (SLR/DSLR)
- No professional video or audio recording equipment of any kind.
- No water guns, water balloons, and/or any other kind of water projectile.
- No sleeping in vehicles.
- No exit/re-entry for vehicles parked on camping spaces. If you leave with your vehicle, it will not be allowed to re-enter.
- We ask you keep the peace and quiet after 2:00AM as not to disrupt nearby campers.
- Bicycles will be permitted in the camping areas only.
- All campers are expected to be courteous to those around them.
- All campers are required to purchase event tickets.
- A maximum of 6 persons allowed per standard tent site.
- All vehicles and persons will be subject to search upon entering the grounds and prohibited items must be removed or surrendered.
- Motorcycles and golf carts are not permitted in the camping area. If you arrive with a motorcycle you must purchase a parking pass.
- All campground occupants must wear their event wristband at all times.
- Campers over the age of 19 are allowed two bulk alcohol items per person (see alcohol limits below). Alcohol quantities above the allowable limits must be removed or surrendered.
- No glass containers of any kind.
- No pets are allowed in the camping grounds or into the main entertainment area, with the exception of service animals with current rabies vaccination.
- No drugs or drug paraphernalia.
- Any item that can be used as a weapon is strictly prohibited.
- No non-rounded knives — steak knives, butcher blocks, etc. should be left at home. Please pre-cut all meats and other items that may require knives and scissors.
- No open flame, with the exception being small cooking appliances – propane only.
- No fireworks, paper (floating) lanterns, incendiary devices or any type of explosive.
- No generators of any kind, except in the RV campgrounds, maximum 5 gallons of fuel. Battery packs are ok in tent camping. (Oro-Medonte fire reserves the right to alter any of these guidelines based on local bans and weather conditions)
- No amplified sound systems.
- No mudding or cruising around the campsite.
- Any person operating or riding in a motorized vehicle in the campgrounds or any roadway, which is not leaving is subject to immediate eviction from the event without refund.
- No drones or remote-operated, and/or autonomous vehicles of any kind.
- No tiki torches or excessive amounts of fuel.
- Any items that can be used as a means to disturb the peace, endanger the safety of the crowd, and/or inflict damage to people and goods.
- Cooking appliances are to be used under the following conditions:
- Must use propane as the primary fuel. Propane container must not exceed 1 pound. Max (3) 1 pound containers per campsite.
- Only one (1) cooking appliance per campsite.
- One meter (1m) of clearance must be kept around the appliance at all times.
- Appliances may only be used from 7AM-2AM.
- When in-use, appliances may not be left unattended.
- Any person operating or riding in a motorized vehicle in the campgrounds or any roadway, (except for use when leaving or entering for the day) is subject to immediate evacuation from the event without a refund.
- Any person found to be in possession of a weapon will be subject to a criminal investigation and immediately evicted from the event without a refund.
- Any person(s) found fighting or threatening other festival attendees or festival staff will immediately be evicted from the event without a refund.
- Persons will not be allowed to enter the main entertainment space if they are intoxicated.
- Individuals found to have in their possession more than the allowable amount of alcohol will not be permitted in the campgrounds.
- Any persons under the age of 19 found in possession or under the influence of alcohol will be evicted from the event without a refund.
- Any persons found selling or vending items of any kind will be evicted from the event without refund.
- No operating anything remote controlled, including drones.
- No open fires or flames.
- All sales are final.
- No refunds or exchanges.
- Boots and Hearts is rain or shine.
- Performers and lineup are subject to change without notice.
- Republic Live, Boots and Hearts and Burl’s Creek Event Grounds are not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged material. It is recommended that you do not bring valuable items.
- Any person(s) found fighting or threatening other festival attendees or festival staff will immediately be evicted from the event without refund.
- Sponsorship-branded or wrapped vehicles are prohibited and will not be allowed entry through the toll booths. (Rental Company, small business logos excluded)
- No public indecency or defecation anywhere on the event grounds.
- No confederate flags.
- Programming is subject to change without notice.
Main Entertainment Area/Campgrounds:
You are welcome to exit and re-enter the main entertainment area and/or campgrounds as much as you’d like. You will need to scan in and out each time using your RFID wristband.
For safety reasons, once a vehicle is parked in the campgrounds, it is not allowed to move within the campgrounds.
Vehicles that wish to exit or who need to leave for an emergency must be escorted by security. Flag down a roaming security team, and they will arrange for an escort immediately.
Vehicles that choose to exit the campgrounds will not be allowed to re-enter.
Yes, there will be shuttles available. We’ve partnered with Bus.com to create official Boots and Hearts shuttles from various locations. Please visit their website, for a full list of times and locations.
Yes! We encourage fans and music lovers of all ages to attend.
Kids 12 and under can receive a free General Admission pass ONLY. They must be accompanied by someone who has purchased an event pass. This free kids pass will be provided with access upon arrival and proof of age. All guests, including children 12 and under will require a VIP Ticket in order to access the VIP Experience area.
NOTE: Age verification will be required at the gate. A copy of their birth certificate or passport will be accepted as age verification.
We do not support drinking and driving at Boots and Hearts. If you are driving to Boots and Hearts and plan on drinking, we have a designated driver program available. Look for the designated driver service tent in the day parking lot.
Yes although service is limited. Thanks to our RFID wristbands, Boots and Hearts is 100% cashless in the main entertainment area. If you are camping and require ice, RV pump-outs and/or water fill ups, please bring cash with you.
Yes, all set days and times will be released prior to the festival weekend.
Yes, there is an official Boots and Hearts app available for both Android and IOS. Download to be the first to receive festival updates, schedule, map, and more.
If you are getting dropped off, drop offs/pick-ups will be located at Line 7 for tent camping and Line 9 for RV camping.
Lost and found will be located at the Info Booths in the camping area and entertainment area. If you happen to find a lost item please take it to lost and found.
If you have lost an item at Boots & Hearts, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a description of your item. Please note we are not responsible for any lost or damaged items.
FESTIVAL PASSES FAQs
Please be patient! All wristbands/camping & parking passes purchased prior to the cut off date will be mailed out 2-3 weeks before the festival. If for some reason your purchase was not delivered prior to the festival, you can pick up your order when you arrive at any of the box offices on site. Please bring photo ID and your order confirmation email.
We will begin mailing 2020 passes out 2-3 weeks prior to the week of the festival. Any passes purchased after the cut-off date (July 9th) will not be mailed and must be picked up at the Box Office onsite using photo ID.
If your purchase was not delivered prior to the festival, you can pick up your order when you arrive at any of the box offices on site. Please bring photo ID and your order confirmation email.
You can sign into your online ticketing account to update the mailing address and personal information associated with the ticket. Please note that your information must be updated prior to the shipping cut off date in order to have your passes mailed with that information.
DO NOT purchase passes from 3rd parties – only purchase through the official Boots and Hearts ticket site. Counterfeit wristbands will not be honoured and Boots and Hearts will not be responsible for the promotion or sale of counterfeit wristbands.
If you have a paper hard ticket your wristbands WILL NOT be mailed.
A limited number of pre-printed hard tickets have been issued and the tickets will be exchanged for wristbands at the festival box office, using the bar-code as validation.
Yes! We offer payment plans for camping, parking and admission passes.
An initial payment is required for your purchase, and details can be found during the checkout process.
If you are interested in upgrading your pass (i.e. GA → VIP, Tent Camping → RV Camping) please go ahead and purchase the second pass you require, then email email@example.com with both order numbers. The original ticket refund will be processed.
If you are currently under the age of 18, you would need your parents or someone over the age of 18 to purchase the tickets and/or campsite, as it requires a credit card. That person does not have to be present.
You and your friends will be able to stay on the site as long as everyone has a full event ticket and you will need the camping pass when you come to the gate.
Yes, you can purchase a ticket for someone else however orders cannot be split. If you purchase for someone else with multiple tickets in one order, you will have to wait until wristbands are mailed to give them access to their ticket.
All Boots and Hearts ticket purchases are final sales, no refunds or exchanges. The festival takes place rain or shine.
Tickets are only sold online at www.bootsandhearts.com You can purchase tickets in person at any of our street team events. Follow our social media accounts to see where we are heading next!
The name on the order must match the ID of the person picking up at the box office. Please sign into your ticketing account and change the information under the ticket to ensure they match.
- DO NOT tamper, stretch, cut or alter your wristband in any way.
- Altered wristbands will be invalid and the bearer will be subject to ejection.
- Full event bracelets cannot be shared (i.e. different people use them on different days)
- RFID wristbands and parking/camping passes tickets will be sent out 2-3 weeks prior to the festival.
- Everyone is required to wear a wristband for the duration of the festival. No persons will be allowed to enter any portion of the grounds (parking, camping, entertainment etc.) without a wristband. This policy will be strictly enforced – trespassers will be evicted and/or prosecuted.
- Replacement wristbands are available at the box office onsite. Please note a nominal fee will be charged.
We recommend you do not put your wristband on until you arrive at the festival (hint: do not put your wristband on too tight!) If you attached your wristband to your wrist/the wristband is damaged, replacement wristbands will be available on site at the box office when you arrive. Have photo ID with you.
Please note you will be charged a nominal fee for the replacement.
If your ID does not match the name on the purchase order please have the original purchaser either A) pick up the replacement for you, or B) Sign into their ticketing account and change the name on the order to match your ID.
All credit left unredeemed by the close of the event will be refunded in accordance with the terms below:
Credit Card: Leftover funds in your account, purchased online or onsite at the event using a credit card, will automatically be refunded back to your card (less a $5.00 refund processing fee) within 10 business days following the close of the event.
Debit Card & Cash: Leftover funds in your account, purchased onsite at the event using a debit card or cash, will require you to complete a Manual Refund Form, available from the Refund page in your cashless account (less a $5.00 refund processing fee).
The deadline to apply for a manual refund will be announced when 2021 registration opens. Upon verification, the refund will be processed within 10 business days following the closure of the refund form.
The deadline to apply for a manual refund will be announced when 2020 registration opens. Upon verification, the refund will be processed within 10 business days following the closure of the refund form.
No, once a wristband is registered the information cannot be changed.
No, only wristbands require registration.
TENT CAMPING FAQs
All non-reserved campsites are assigned upon arrival on a first come first camped basis. You may not save spots for your friends. If you wish to camp beside another group, you MUST arrive together. There is one campsite per group/vehicle with a valid camping pass.
The festival reserves the right to relocate campers to a substituted site, or area, if necessary. Please note that camping maps only provide an approximate location of campsites.
If you wish to ensure you can camp beside your friends please consider purchasing our Reserved Camping options.
Want to secure a campsite right next to your #BootsCrew, but can’t arrive together? Our RESERVED CAMPING option may just be your go-to this year! Now you don’t have to arrive with your whole crew in order to camp together, with space for one vehicle and up to six people! Secure your spot early to get the best location possible!
Camping is scheduled to open on Wednesday August 4, 2021.
Yes. Each Tentcampsite offers parking for one (1) regular sized vehicle (smaller than a 12-passenger van).
Each RV site offers parking one (1) steering wheel* on site.
One (1) “A, B or C” class motorhome, truck bed camper, etc.
One (1) vehicle plus One (1) towed unit (tent trailer, pop-up trailer, travel trailer or 5th wheel trailer)
If you require additional parking spaces OR need to exit and re-enter throughout the weekend, please purchase a 4-Day Parking Pass here (Overnight parking included).
Yes, you will be allowed to have more than 1 tent on your site. Everything, including all tents and the one vehicle, must fit within your designated camping area.
You must have a full event (GA or VIP) pass in order to camp. Single Day ticket holders are allowed entry into the campgrounds on the day of their wristband but will not be allowed to camp.
Campsite prices are per campsite for the entire event and NOT per person. One tent site can have up to 6 people, an RV site up to 8, although we recommend 4-6 per site for maximum comfort. All persons staying on the site MUST have a separate Full Event Pass.
Patrons on your campsite can purchase either GA or a VIP pass and share the same site.
No, powered sites are only an option for RV campsites. No generators of any kind, except in the RV campgrounds, maximum 5 gallons of fuel. Battery packs are ok in tent camping.
*Oro-Medonte fire reserves the right to alter any of these guidelines based on local bans and weather conditions
Showers are available in the campgrounds. You can purchase using funds on your RFID wristband. Prices are available on site.
Potable water is provided in the camping grounds for water bottle refills only.
Yes, if you have an event pass (Day or Weekend) you can enter the campgrounds for the day(s) your pass if valid. If you are visiting friends on their campsite, you are welcome to walk in, though alcohol can only be brought on your first entrance into the grounds.
Keeping Burl’s Creek beautiful is important to us, so we encourage campers to use the Trash Trading Post in the campgrounds. Each time you bring in a full bag of garbage you’ll receive a gift from us!
RV CAMPING FAQs
Generators are permitted with RVs. There is a 5 KW limit with 5 gallons of fuel permitted.
Propane tanks are permitted as long as attached to RV and do not exceed 20 pounds.
Yes. RV campsites MUST have an RV located on the site. RV’s are defined as anything larger than a 12-passenger van. This includes travel trailers, 5th wheels, tent trailers, pop-up trailers, truck bed campers, Class A, B or C Motorhomes and buses.
Yes, if your vehicle + RV exceed 50′ you are able to unhook the truck from the RV and park beside so long as everything fits within the designated campsite.
RV campsites are approx. 20’x50′. If it will still not fit in the space provided you will need to purchase 2 sites.
If you need assistance parking your RV you will be permitted to have someone drive it in and drop it off for you. The person dropping off the RV must have the RV camping pass with them and be accompanied by at least one full event ticket holder. The drop off person will not be permitted to stay on the grounds.
Affix the sticker to the unit which will be staying on the site, not the delivery vehicle. Ensure the drop off vehicle also adheres to the prohibited items as it will be involved in the same security checks.
When the pick up person arrives on to remove the RV, they will need to meet you at the gate to escort them in. Please let security at the gate know they are there to pick up a trailer, and they will be able to return to your site, with you, to assist.
When the pick up person arrives on Monday, they will need to meet you at the gate to escort them in. Please let security at the gate know they are there to pick up a trailer, and they will be able to return to your site, with you, to assist.
Yes, RV sites are permitted to setup a tent on their site so long as everything, RV, tent and vehicle fits within the designated camping area.
Yes, there will be pump trucks patrolling the RV camping grounds daily. Pricing is available on site.
At this moment, we do not offer any hotel packages. Please check back for any updates!
For single day Parking Passes you are welcome to leave your vehicle overnight until 10AM the following day.
With a 4-Day Parking Pass you are welcome to leave your vehicle overnight for the weekend.
Yes. Parking is available for all individual days as well as a full event parking pass.
The walk is approximately 500 metres to the entertainment gates.
A full event parking pass provides you with parking and in/out privileges. You’re welcome to leave your vehicle overnight for the weekend.
- Alcohol is only permitted on your first scan into the campgrounds.
- NO GLASS OF ANY KIND. Alcohol contained in a glass containers is not allowed.
- The allotted amount of alcohol will be allowed in on your first scan only.
- Persons will not be allowed to enter the entertainment space if they are excessively intoxicated or pose a threat to themselves or others. Persons found to be intoxicated in the entertainment space will be escorted outside of the security gates.
- Don’t drink and drive. Please use shuttles, taxi, Uber or other methods if you plan to drink.
There is NO outside alcohol allowed into the main entertainment area.
Outside alcoholic beverages are permitted in the campgrounds but must be consumed within the camping area and must follow the allowable amounts:
- No more than two (2) bulk alcohol items per person in aluminum or plastic containers only. No glass containers of any kind.
One “Bulk alcohol” is defined as:
- One (1) case (24 cans) of beer, cooler or malt-based beverage.
- One (1) 26 oz. container of liquor
- One (1) 4L box of wine
- Tall cans are permitted in place of regular-sized cans.
- You may mix two different types of bulk items.
Glass bottles are strictly prohibited.
*No Underage Drinking Permitted*
No, you are only permitted to bring alcohol in once, on first entry.
Yes, tall cans are permitted in place of regular-sized cans.
No, you are only allowed to bring in two bulk items for yourself. They will have to bring in their own alcohol when they arrive.
Yes. The safety and wellbeing of our fans is our top priority. Medical, Security and Emergency Services staff are on site throughout the entire weekend. If you require attention please go to the medical tents or ask security or staff for the nearest location.
Prescription medication is permitted on the grounds, under the following conditions:
- It must be presented to security upon arrival in the original prescription bottle.
- Guest must have photo ID that matches the name on the prescription.
- During the shows, it is suggested to only bring what you require for each trip into the main entertainment area.
A person bringing a syringe will need to show medication in prescription packaging with a name on the label, and photo ID. Safely deposit all used syringes at any of the medical locations.
Certified service animals that are trained to assist an individual with an accessibility are allowed at Boots and Hearts. Service animals must be under the control of their owner at all times. They must remain on-leash and next to their owner at all times.
Pets and other animals are not allowed on the festival grounds and in the camping areas.
We have security checkpoints in and out of the entertainment areas and our standard policy is that guests are permitted to bring limited snacks with them that fit into their small backpack, as well as one sealed water bottle.
If you have specific medical needs, we suggest that you wear a Medic-Alert bracelet or have documentation with you which identifies yourself and your reason for the additional products, as you are processed through security checkpoints.
There will be accessible platforms located within the main entertainment area. Access to the platforms will be restricted to those with an accessible need.
Please note there is limited space and one companion will be permitted. For more information about the accessible services, please visit the main information booth once you are on site.
All restroom areas use portable toilets. These are accessible facilities available. Please see the site map or contact the nearest event staff worker for exact locations.